The DevOps Team is in charge of managing, standardizing and maintaining the application lifecycle infrastructure through planning, running and supporting the company-wide continuous integration environment in cooperation with the development teams.
The Junior DevOps engineer is required to join a fast-paced Technology Operations team headquartered in the UK. Ideally a 12 months prior-experience of working in either DevOps role or system engineering and strong PowerShell abilities are welcomed.
You will be working closely with our development team and our product – Darwin™, a cloud-based global benefits management and employee engagement software, used by some of the world’s most innovative companies.
The role and your mission:
- Support of deployment pipeline from QA through to Live, with an emphasis on quality and reliability.
- Maintain the current DevOps toolset and improve where necessary using MSBuild, PowerShell, and C#
- Work with internal clients to deliver new Darwin functionalities to required deadlines.
- Collaborate with other internal clients to enhance the reputation of the DevOps team.
- Investigate new technologies and demonstrate how such technologies can benefit the release process, with a focus on quality, reliability and efficient deployments.
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours
Your experience and values:
- Passion for automation
- Experience of working within a tech team in a SaaS business
- Previous experience in VMWare, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, VSTFS, PowerCLI, C#
- Strong scripting skills, in particular PowerShell
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients
Thomsons Online Benefits will use the personal data provided in this application to consider your suitability for a role within the organization and to communicate with you. Please find our full privacy notice on our Company Website.