This is a unique opportunity for a medior BI developer to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization to develop amazing reporting products to disrupt the world of Learning & Development. We are looking for you, someone with strong dimensional modeling knowledge, to support us in the development and maintenance of reporting products on top of our Data Supply Chain as part of a cross-functional Agile team.
Our mission is to enable strategic change through people by driving the relationship between awareness, capability building, and operational performance.
Lobster Ink is uniquely positioned to enable medium- to large enterprises to rollout global change programs through our advanced platforms.
We are the premier EdTech supplier in the hospitality industry globally and we have the largest hotel groups as our clients. We are proud to have won the EdTech X Global Growth Award 2018.
Some examples of our software products include:
- Axon LMS - a state of the art learning platform
- Lobster Ops - a performance assessment & management system
- Lobster Campus - interactive learning product and social learning
You will be part of Lobster's rapidly growing BI & Analytics product group. Our internal mission is 'to understand and share the relation between learning and excellent performance'. Our team supports both internal and external stakeholders with state of the art analytics products. We use the latest technologies to gather insights through AI and build data products leveraging the Microsoft Azure stack and relying on strong software engineering principles to build data products with continuous deployment capabilities.
At Lobster, we value independence and ownership. We offer a large degree of freedom to work in the OKR framework and build your own vision into our products. We feel that Agile principles like safety and ownership are very important and e offer internal learning & development to grow in other domains, like AI and machine learning or Analytics.
Some facts and dimensions:
- In 2018 1 million (M) learners joined on our platform
- We served 8 M video lessons with 18 M lessons in total over 12 M courses
- We processed more than 1 billion learn events
What do we offer:
- Modern agile methods and OKR based prioritization
- Cutting edge technologies in the data domain
- Opportunity to build disruptive products
- Idea-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- International diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- Caring team with shared values and ethics
- Car, bike and public transport friendly reachable office in the cool city of Amsterdam
- Maintain, design and develop our OLAP cubes for our in-app and custom reporting products
- Gather reporting requirements and work together with business analysts to design and built Tailored reports in SSRS and PowerBI for internal- and external clients
- Maintain the correctness and referential integrity of the data of our data warehouse and semantic data components
- Work with customer support to identify and rectify reporting issues
- Support other developers by doing peer reviews and participating in knowledge sharing
- Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
Lobster uses the following BI technologies which are part of the responsibilities to maintain or develop:
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse / Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Multidimensional / OLAP cubes
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) / Azure Data Factory 2
- SQL Server Reporting Services / PowerBI
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Data Factory 2
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with multidimensional modeling (fact/dimension) and OLAP
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with SSRS and/or PowerBI
- Experience with Azure Data Factory (2) and SSIS are beneficial
Please note, that if you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.