- Manage deadlines that are set by Senior DBA, CTO and CIO.
- Establish the needs of users and services, and monitoring user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to users
- Review and optimise rogue/heavy running queries
- Work with application & report developers to review queries
- Operated database backup schedule, backups, and restores
- Review capacity to ensure we have enough resource to cater for the growth
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Manage operation of database availability and Always On Availability Group
- Administers SSIS, and other components and monitoring tools
- Test data resilience
- Write database documentation including procedures, and data dictionary
- Participates in Scrum meetings, and management reviews
- Complies with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering
- Qualified to Degree Level (Essential)
- 1 years + experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server
- Good knowledge of SQL, TSQL
- Can write SSIS packages
- AWS experience (or cloud experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Excellent Communication both written and verbal
- Technical writing
- Exceptional people skills and objection handling.
- Team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Organised with a proactive approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 5% employee - April 2019 onwards)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- Monthly Yoga Classes
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office Based, Thorpe Park, Leeds
Reporting to: Senior DBA