Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
EAP-DAI team (development and infrastructure) has the main objective to manage and constantly improve the AWS cloud platform hosting Tamedia Editorial services. The management covers a wide range of activities: from operations till the new solutions implementation (leveraging the AWS native services or introducing new technologies), aiming to processes, performance and services improvement.
The role offers the chance to constantly learn and to have an active role in building and improving the Tamedia editorial platform.
You will have the chance to be part of a very dynamic team, split across Zurich and Lausanne.
The Junior Cloud Operations Engineer is a resource capable of maintaining the Tamedia AWS editorial platform in terms of infrastructure functionalities and performance.
In detail he will have an active role on the following tasks:
- Providing the support on AWS Editorial platform
- Managing operation tasks like AMI update, patching etc.
- Improving the Editorial platform automation
- Platform monitoring oriented to performance improvements and costs optimization
- Validating the Editorial services High Availability
- Maintenance of AWS Cloud Formation templates and deployments
- Providing documentation and training
- Providing stand by support 24x7
- You have a mindset open to challenges and changes, you are proactive and highly collaborative.
- Experience with Linux redhat/centOS
- Experience with Windows server, Shell scripting
- Experience with AWS services
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Network competences
- You have a DevOps mindset, oriented to automation and continuous delivery
- Fluency in English and at least basic German
The following skills are a plus:
- AWS cloud Formation
- Versioning control systems (GitHub)
- SQL or NOSQL DB
What we offer:
We offer the chance to be confronted with a very challenging environment and to work with several different technologies. You will also have an active role in the team and the possibility to propose and implement ideas. You will have access to all Tamedia benefits, like:
- discounts on several products, services and shops
- the possibility to work home office 1 day per week
- access to the internal canteen with reduced costs