Founded in 2014, Scalable Capital is a financial technology startup with offices in Munich and London. Our aim is to transform the traditional wealth management industry, making first class investment services available to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience and e-commerce know-how with decades of academic research into financial markets. Our company has repeatedly been mentioned in the German & UK Press as one of the most promising fintech startups. We've also won an award as "Best German Robo-Advisor 2016" and according to Financial News our smartphone app is one of the "must haves of the fintech age".
Visit our finance or engineering blog to find out what our Expert Team has to say. Meet the team behind Scalable Capital and learn about career opportunities on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 from 6.30pm to 9pm in Munich. Follow the link to sign up for our FinTech Event - Scale up your career.
As (Junior) Android Engineer, you will
- Get the empowerment to do, implement, improve, fix, propose and change anything you see that has a potential for being better, technically and product-wise.
- Work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- Experiment with new technologies to get the best out of the Android Platform such as OCR and NFC.
- Write clean, testable and well-documented code and treat security as a first class citizen.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with respect to the technology landscape.
- Own the full app lifecycle from ideation to delivery to the Play Store.
What we offer
Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating an innovative service that has a substantial impact on the lives of our customers
Work with an international and growing team with past careers at large (financial) institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Westwing or BlackRock
Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities
Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package
Enjoy numerous startup perks
Work productively with the latest hardware and tools
Benefit from an attractive compensation package
Learn about the german culture and join our free german language courses
As (Junior) Android Engineer, you have
- A University degree in relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Exposure and/or interest in our tech stack: Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger and GraphQL/ RESTful API.
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders
- Ability to quickly pick-up and adapt to changes in the Android framework.
- Interested in other technology stacks.