We are looking for a skilled DevOps engineer with a focus on AWS and Linux environments. The position is targetting a full-time remote worker with a Jr to Mid level skillset.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing production and development environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of systems.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements
- Evaluate new technology options and new products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best security approaches.
- Helping develop process documentation, deployment procedures, and monitoring activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AWS experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2,
- RDS, ELB, EFS, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an
- Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Bash) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and
- application deployment issues.
- DB administration experience especially MySQL.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GIT.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and
- services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Familiarity with PHP stacks including Laravel, Magento, Wordpress, Drupal