Our team is responsible for the “backend of the frontend” and we are focusing on the framework which can run the mobile and web apps.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Building something new upon an existing foundation, making stuff up as we go along.
- Working on a platform and we’re in it for the long haul. Thousands of developers and millions of end users across the globe rely on your work and each commit can make a lot of impact.
- Being thorough, we like to get to the bottom of things; clear answers are more important than deadlines.
You’re the innovator we need if:
- You want to become part of a work environment in which your ideas are valued
- You’re comfortable working as part of a scrum team
- You enjoy the occasional game of foosball and / or ping pong
Experience a culture like no other at Mendix:
- We’re flexible in adopting new technologies and methodologies if that makes the product better or our lives easier. Each scrum team is free to choose its own tech stack, so you can always try that latest new idea, framework or design pattern. Our teams are small so that you can have a real influence. We care about open standards, and we’re also big fans of Test-Driven Development. We’re constantly improving our Continuous Integration process, which monitors the quality of our product and makes the lives of our developers and testers easier.
- Every month, we have crafting days when developers are invited to work on whatever they want. For example, people work on a bug that somehow never got prioritized, try out a cool new technology that may be useful to us (now or in the future), build an automated goal counting mechanism for the football table, or a Lego Mindstorms setup to control the elevator.
- We like people who take ownership, and try to give everyone as much freedom as possible. This means there’s as little process as we can get away with, because we don't want to get in your way. We also strive to stay as flat as possible. Do you have an issue? Walk right into our CTO's office and bring it up. Even though our client base consists of large enterprises, we do not allow a bureaucratic culture to enter our R&D department. We value the start-up culture that has brought us so much success. We are a tech company, not a project-oriented organization.