Requisition ID: 251089
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0-10 %
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 930 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 20-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Are you a creative Developer looking for a dynamic and diverse team to join? We are the team responsible for developing the “One Inbox” in SAP. It consists of 2 separate Products (Front-end and Back-end) and is used for processing tasks from different applications and different technologies. We welcome candidates with good programming skills and a some Cloud background, willing to learn and jump into new topics, understand the context and participate in the resolution of technical challenges.
One Inbox is a priority Board focus area and we are very keen on providing this end-to-end solution as an integral part of the Intelligent Enterprise Suite at SAP. We are a key Cloud Service which addresses long-terms standing requirements by major SAP stakeholders.
We are opening a Front-end Developer position in our Inbox Service team which owns and develops the front-end of “One Inbox”.
- End-to-end testing and automation – Manual, System, Component and Unit Tests.
We consider an advantage knowledge in:
- OData 2.0 protocol, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Front-end design patterns – MVC, Patterns for asynchronous programming.
We consider an advantage awareness and understanding of:
- CI/CD methodologies and tooling such as Jenkins, Github, Gerrit or GitLab.
- OOP/OOD design patterns.
- Accessibility, usability and interaction-design experience.
- Understanding of web performance, security, cross-browser compatibility.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Front-end Developer in our team you will:
- Design, implement, test, maintain and document new or existing functionality.
- Take technical decisions within own authority and with the support of Senior Developers.
- Identify and communicate risks.
- Use established software engineering concepts, principles and processes to achieve committed results, and actively contribute to ongoing improvements.
- Provide relevant transparency about own work and the related topics.
- Take responsibility for software build, release, deployment, configuration, continuous integration and testing activities following Scrum methodology.
- Support User Assistance Developers in preparing product documentation and contribute to the information/ knowledge rollout inside and outside of the team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Natural Science or a related IT discipline.
- Awareness of OData 2.0 protocol, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Stable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge about end-to-end testing.
- Awareness of cloud product, web applications and web services
- Excellent team player with a strong ability to network and with a drive for tangible results.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.