At Deposit Solutions we have pioneered the creation of an open market that enables people to get the most out of their savings. Our goal is the transformation of the savings deposits market and the banking industry, bringing banks into the new age of absolute, instant and transparent product availability across the globe.
As a member of our Core Engineering Team, you will participate in the entire software development lifecycle, from designing new services to implementation, operation and post-production support. You will be contributing code to the very heart of our platform, dealing with highly complex data structures and flows, surrounded by an enthusiastic team of professionals from around the world in the beautiful city of Hamburg.
In this position you will
- Work on the expansion of our Core features and systems
- Re-factor code with a very keen eye on performance improvement
- Work on connections to external systems, e.g. banking systems, payment systems, reporting systems
- Help finding and resolving acute problems (incidents)
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to
- Design systems to work in a microservice-based architecture
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge in Java7/8, Spring MVC/Boot, Jersey (REST-Webservices), Containerization
- You have working experience with Java but your mind is not bound to the "Java Box" and you don’t consider yourself a specialist
- You have an interest and a keen eye for increasing the performance and efficiency of a mature platform
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Containerization
- Experience developing in an Azure cloud environment
- Team player and a good communicator with fluent English language skills
- A proactive and motivated individual with a willingness to learn
- Solution-oriented and efficient style of work
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable education
What we value in our engineers:
We are looking for collaborative team players with passion for coding and with a flexible mindset. People that are openminded about cultures, ideas and solutions are the best match for our company. If you are inquisitive, you're not afraid to break silences, ask a lot of questions, voice your concerns and seek for mentorship, then we want to work with you. If you strive to go out of your comfort zone to work with innovative technologies, coding languages and environments, then we would be honoured to be a part of your professional journey.