Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Cross-Border Payments team is part of American Express Global Commercial Services, and is responsible for a cloud-based, highly available platform enabling international foreign exchange transactions for global commercial clients.
We are part of a group of established Scrum teams, in our Burgess Hill office, responsible for developing and delivering some of the core functionalities for our new system, building the foundations of a platform targeting millions of American Express users and supporting the roll out of new components and capabilities.
What are we looking for?
An engineer with strong core Java/Kotlin skills, who is keen to develop ‘Full Stack’ skills, and who can thrive within a Scrum team within a program of delivery that is fast paced, volatile and subject to changing demands.
What will you do?
Your primary mission will be to contribute to the delivery of new features, through the completion of user stories, that deliver capabilities in customer-facing domains of the new system. These domains are responsible for dealing with how a client interacts with our product and you will need to emphasise quality of the user experience as much as the quality of your code.
Day to day, you will:
- Build scalable services and components using modern JVM languages
- Write functional code to team standards, ideally using TDD
- Work with quality engineers to ensure all code produced is robustly tested
- Develop knowledge of partner products, domains and the payments space
- Provide innovative ideas to solve technical challenges
- Participate and engage in agile ceremonies
- Contribute to a healthy, diverse team dynamic
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations