Department: Retail Operations, Content Management
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: 14
As a Software Engineer in Team Content Management, you will build the article catalog for all Zalando shops in all countries. The systems you build transform items from the analog world of fashion into the digital one - in a quality that clearly separates Zalando from other platforms - with tools having the potential to shape the future in this field.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build the core content creation system in a RESTful microservice architecture
- Participate in the whole software development lifecycle - from analyzing the requirements together with our Product Leads, the definition of the target architecture and development up until the operation on AWS
- Grow and define your career while solving numerous interesting and challenging problems
- Collaborate on department-wide projects with other delivery teams and our business unit
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of professional experience in application development, with a focus on backend development. Frontend development experience is a clear plus
- Knowledge of the most of the components of our current tech stack consisting of Java, Scala, GO, AWS, Tomcat, Swagger, Spring, Docker, Postgres, NoSQL, React, Angular, Maven, GIT, Jenkins
- Significant experience in building distributed systems and a degree in computer science or related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills, an agile mindset - curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ABOUT Retail Operations
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the-art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogs to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users, we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, click here.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.