tl;dr: We are looking for a great developer who loves to write beautiful code. Your ideas and creativity matter.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape and promote our successful Genedata Biologics® and Genedata Bioprocess® products. You will work in a strong, agile, international team with the focus on delivering software that makes a difference.
The Genedata Biologics development team creates and maintains scientific software products. Continuous progress in science means that these products constantly evolve and many new features are added with every release. This requires solid software architecture and continuous evolution. Best software development practices such as test-driven development or clean code are therefore not only buzzwords for us but key factors for our long-term success.
As part of the core development team you will be wearing all the hats. You will be helping users by developing new features, removing complications by designing a meaningful user experience, saving someone's day by fixing bugs, changing someone's life by understanding their problem and creating a solution that works; saving people a lot of trouble by heavily testing our software, teaching new users by writing readable documentation, figuring out why remote streams stop working after 8MB of data, taking your fellow developers to the next level by creating development tools, rejoicing when you finally make complex code understandable, giving power to our customers by designing public APIs.
This full-time position is based at our head offices in Basel, Switzerland.
- Design, implement, test and maintain the software
- Play an active role in the Scrum process
- Document and communicate your work to your colleagues and other stakeholders
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in computer science, or related fields, or comparable on-the-job experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience with unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with relevant JEE technologies: JAX-RS, JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems, preferably Oracle
- Experience with single-page applications
- Experience with frontend ecosystem: ES6, TypeScript, DOM, React, Redux, node.js, HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Ability to write code following the DRY and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Motivation to learn continuously
- A background in biology, especially molecular biology or immunology, is a plus
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your resume and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.