Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Who are we?
Business Travel Account is a global, market-leading centralised billing product, which is a key differentiator for American Express for our corporate clients, including some of the world’s most profitable and influential companies. You will join our emerging set of scrum teams building new capabilities to bolster the already market-leading offering.
We value ideas, opinions and great communicators. We're proud that a culture of respect and teamwork exists among colleagues.
Existing team of 25 technical staff. Small, co-located Agile teams of 7-8 people each including Engineers, Scrum Masters, Quality Engineers plus Product Owners. We operate in a Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe).
Most team members arrive in the office between 8.30-10am, when we hold our stand-ups. We use tools such as Slack, Confluence, JIRA, and BitBucket to collaborate. We enjoy the luxury of avoiding a long commute to London and place an emphasis on technically interesting work. We have an outstanding work/life balance.
We are beginning our journey of transforming the technical landscape in our teams to use a microservice architecture and are looking to bolster our technical talent by acquiring full-stack developers, using technologies such as Java, Spring, and React.
As a developer, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of your software from inception to production, working on a mixture of green- and brown-field projects, learning from and contributing to your peer group.
- Good knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, (including Mockito & Hamcrest), TDD, JQuery, React, Oracle DB SQL, Cucumber; Mainframe experience a plus; Agile experience a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven