We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Java Engineer (m/f/d) Product Classification
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Your mission at Visual Meta? As "Java Engineer (m/f/d) – Product Classification" you will play an important role in developing and maintaining our website’s own product catalog. You build tools and algorithms for efficiently processing hundreds of millions of products.
YOUR CHALLENGES AND TASKS
- You are in charge of developing and shaping our product catalog
- You design and implement data-driven solutions and tools in close collaboration with our quality department
- You develop efficient, distributed processes, handling large amounts of data in time
- You integrate and maintain developed services in production
- You ensure the best possible performance of our applications
- You hold a university degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have been professionally developing software with Java or a similar high level language for over 3 years
- You have a very good understanding of software-engineering practices and databases
- You have a passion for clean and well tested codes
- Knowledge in distributed systems and their complexity is a plus
- You have experience with technologies including or similar to MySQL, HBase, Hadoop, Elastic-Search and AngularJS
- You have an interest for Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker or similar
- A solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - Profit from a structured on-boarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together - Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
IS THIS THE JOB YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.