Java Engineer (m/f) – Product Catalog
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a “Java Engineer (m/f) – Producct Catalog” you will play an important role in developing and maintaining our website's own Search Engine and shape the efficient handling of hundreds of millions items on our platform.
- You are in charge of developing our Search Engine with a combined inventory of 200 million items, our Content Delivery Services, as well as internal libraries like RPC or ORM
- You write tests and are responsible for reviewing codes guaranteeing the best possible code quality
- You integrate and maintain developed services in production
- You ensure the best possible performance of our applications
- You hold a university degree in computer science or a related field
- You have proven development experience with Java for a minimum of 4 years as well as a good understanding of distributed systems and their complexity
- You are familiar with the development of REST APIs
- You are no stranger to search engines like ElasticSearch or message brokers like Kafka
- You have sufficient knowledge about databases such as MySQL, or HBase
- You communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- You are eager to learn new technologies and to extend your knowledge
- You possess passion for beautiful and well tested code and you have an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You feature an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” and hands-on mentality
- We innovate, build products that matter and support entrepreneurial spirit and initiative.
- As an ambitious tech company, we allocate a fair part of our development resources to own tools, data warehouse, BI and to new business opportunities.
- As a profitable company, we do not depend on external funding. We are an established company but think like a Startup.
- We love diversity: Our team contains over 50 nationalities, co-located in our office in the middle of Berlin.
- We care for you: Benefit from a competitive salary package, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball).
- We enjoy spending time together: Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong.
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.