We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully growing company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Java Engineer you will be part of our team responsible for the partner shop integration. This team handles the technology for our sales department and works mainly on keeping our product catalog up to date and developing our Partner Dashboard. You will play an important role in all technical aspects of product synchronization and the development of our partner shop self-service portal.
Java Engineer (m/f/d) Partner Shop Integration and Services
- You are in charge of building and optimizing scalable services to keep our combined inventory of 130M+ items updated on a daily basis
- You collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and product owners
- You define and communicate technical and design requirements
- You design and develop all aspects of our partner shop self-service portal from UI to integrating 3rd party services like Salesforce CRM
- You write tests and are responsible for reviewing code, ensuring the best possible code quality
- You deploy and maintain your applications in production
- You hold a university degree in computer science or a related field
- You have proven development experience with Java for at least 3 years (experience with Spring a plus)
- You have sufficient knowledge about data stores such as MySQL and InfluxDB
- You are familiar with containerization/orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with frontend technologies like Angular 2 or TypeScript is a plus
- You communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- You are eager to learn new technologies and to extend your knowledge
- You possess a passion for beautiful and well tested code and you have an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You feature an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” and hands-on mentality
- We design code that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Sophie Loesch will be your point of contact.