Java Engineer (m/f) - Web Development
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As "Java Engineer (m/f) - Web Development" you will be mainly working on the user site of our product. If you have an analytical, detail oriented as well as agile mindset and would like to work in an international tech company, then this is the right opportunity for you.
- You are in charge of implementing new features in cooperation with our product management and design team
- You proactively look for ways to improve our platform and products
- You set up A/B-Tests to assure effectiveness and user acceptance of new functionalities
- You rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- You actively take part in product improvement decisions and process optimizations
- You possess an university degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- You have at least 2+ years of Java experience and show a keen eye for design
- You show a disciplined and detail oriented approach to testing and are passionate about clean, high-quality coding and design patterns
- You ideally have experience with Mocking frameworks (e.g. EasyMock, Mockito, Powermock)
- You have at least basic experience with test automation (e.g. Selenium/Webdriver)
- You have a good understanding of Git or similar version control systems
- You are a team oriented and motivated person and willing to share your knowledge with your fellow colleagues
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - Profit from a structured on-boarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together - Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.