Trapeze Group is hiring a full stack Java developer to advance the application that lets people plan and make over 20 million journeys annually.
We invite you to help us address one of society's biggest challenges; how people move quickly, safely and on time. Public transport is undergoing something of a revolution with the introduction of concepts such as 'Mobility as a Service' and now is a great time to join our mission as we innovate and introduce new capabilities in passenger transport.
This is a full stack position, maintaining and advancing a sophisticated and mature web application and the technology that underpins it. Optionally, and once familiar, you may also help us to advance the native Android app.
Above all, we're hiring someone who respects the importance of clean code, great user experiences and optimal solutions that ensure uptime for critical services. In return we offer a commitment to your personal development, a variety of projects and a chance to explore new approaches, contributing right across our stack.
We offer ongoing personal development, joining a friendly team where you can make a real-world difference.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Innovating around 'Mobility as a Service'
- UI/UX review leading to the implementation of new look and feel
- Migrating from private to public cloud e.g. AWS/Azure
- Exploring DevOps and an automated approach
We are looking for
- Someone with demonstrable full stack Java skills
- Technology agnostic, positive about exploring new concepts and new tech
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO coding and web services
- Someone who works inclusively and who shares knowledge
- Familiarity with talking to a SQL database
- Optionally, any JS framework e.g Angular, React, Vue.js or Ember
- Considering junior or mid level Java jobs in Wiltshire such as: Java Developer | Full Stack Software Engineer | Enterprise Java Developer | EE Jaa Developer etc.
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 - £42,000+ joining salary - we're keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday (after 12 months' service) | generous pension scheme (5% contribution) | 4X life insurance | income protection plan | holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discretionary professional and industry certification | flexible core hours (1000-1600hrs) | healthcare cash back plan | bike to work scheme | regular social events | well-stocked kitchens | annual staff away day | learning lunches, hackathons, coding challenges etc. | showers