EdgeLab is passionate about crafting outstanding software and we need a talented software engineer to join our growing team.
Location : Lausanne or Zürich. On-site and limited remote only.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with team members to successfully develop and implement the different services we provide internally and externally
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions which conform to requirements
- Engage in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding
- Facilitate design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build test automation and deployment automation
- Bring experience to our development team and contribute to internal talent growth
If you are a full stack developer, have a look at our Front-End Developer profile.
What You Need
- Proficiency in Java
- High quality code covered with extensive tests
- High coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- Strong interest and curiosity for cutting-edge technologies
- Spring framework experience is a plus
- Most important: You are a team player who strives to learn with ‘getting things done’ attitude to work
- Swiss or European citizenship, or an available work permit for Switzerland
- Java 8
- A self starter, fearless about asking questions when you don’t know the answers, with ‘getting things done’ attitude to work
- Passionate about learning new technologies and ideally write some code outside of work from time to time (if you don’t have time because of family obligations etc, we totally get it)
- Bonus! You contribute to open source projects or demonstrate participation in software communities
- We strongly advocate humility, curiosity and pragmatism - which is evident by the way we work
- Every team gets to choose its own stack, based on what would best solve the problem, and we are always eager to learn new things
- We foster developer empowerment and keep management layers and meetings to a minimum
- We believe in hacking and experimentation over lengthy discussions
- If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building an awesome company, this role is definitely for you.
Our Recruitment Process
It consists of several stages, each one allowing us get to know you better. You also gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do at EdgeLab.
- CV review
- Quiz to quickly assess your knowledge of Java and Spring
- Coding challenge - not necessary if your portfolio has enough good examples of code you’ve worked on
- Technical interview with developers
- Soft interview with a non-technical person
It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks based on your availability and convenience.