Do you see data or a better way to improve business and lives?
American Express has embarked on an exciting journey to modernise its financial regulatory capabilities. You will be part of a fast-paced, dynamic technology team responsible for delivering high quality technical solution across international markets. So if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you’ll be doing.
There’s no end to the data that’s created every day and the opportunities you find here. But these are just some of your responsibilities:
- Document data requirements/data stories and maintain data models
- Hands on coding expertise and ability to work and make decisions independently
- Collaborate with product owners and lead engineers to define data architecture and design
- Work with Senior Engineers to evaluate third party products, services and technology
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes
Are you up for the challenge?
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of Big data, ETL concepts, ML Studio, and development with variety of data transformation tools
- Some experience with Java, Atomic, Cassandra and Oracle DB an advantage
At the core of Data Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Database Design
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Analytical Thinking
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.