What you will do…
You will be responsible for our backend system that is built to scale and handle millions of payment transactions. You will:
- Work with all the infrastructure in the cloud and use the latest technologies: Java8, Spring4, Hibernate5, Log4j2, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Have the ability to propose change: Akka, NoSql, etc.
- Complete and automate CI and CD processes with Atlassian tools.
- Work in an open team, focused on testing and code quality.
- Give our frontend and mobile developers plenty of ammunition to build great applications - as we’re an API-first company.
- Work in close collaboration with our mobile and web developers. Also, you will have the chance to acquire knowledge in the rapidly changing payments market by working with our business guys and clients.
What we offer…
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of bringing a technically outdated industry to this century’s digital standards
- 80+ super-skilled colleagues in an organisation that is ever learning and able to quickly act on things that need to change
- An open culture that welcomes agile methods (Scrum, TDD, continuous deployment, retrospectives etc.)
- A mindset, where we see software engineering as a skill where you never stop learning to write cleaner and more efficient code.
- The dynamics and fun of working in a quickly growing start-up, combined with a stable financial outlook backed by a multi-million Euro venture capital investment
- Relocation support and allowance; free German classes
- Flexible working hours and competitive compensation – including a budget for your personal/professional development
What we are looking for…
- You have experience in creating robust and scalable web services including their architecture, API design, testing, deployment and operation.
- You have a keen eye for details and the drive to become better at what you do everyday.
- You have a DevOps mindset.
- You know your Java and are not afraid to use other languages and tools to get the job done.