Don’t just have a great idea, build it
American Express Global Network Platform authorizes and processes millions of payment transactions every day. The Card Network platform is the critical backbone for all of American Express payment transactions and is a real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year. Connected to the core network, there’s a number of key customer facing systems that power the American Express brand for key spending channels such as mobile payments and e-commerce. We develop and deliver functionalities for both the core and the customer facing systems and are looking for engineers to be part of our high-skilled team.
As an Engineer, you will be part of a scrum team building core features and functions of the payment network systems/platforms deployed in a private cloud.
The ideal candidate:
- Has hands-on expertise with Java application design, software development and automated testing
- Worked in an agile delivery team and is familiar with the processes and ceremonies
- Has a drive to learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions
- Is open to innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome oriented culture, and is always ready to try new concepts without fear of failure
- Is team-oriented, and a core contributor, enabling the team to be more effective and productive
Tech stack characteristics:
- Java microservices for high-availability systems
- Scalable applications running on Vert.x, Spring Boot or similar
- Java 8, RxJava, Reactor, Kafka
- API Gateways
- Relational Databases: Oracle, Postgres
- NoSQL: Redis, Couchbase, Cassandra
- High performance cloud infrastructure (PaaS)
- Design and coding of user stories for distributed, scalable, high performant and systems using Java
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Contribute to the deployment, support and monitoring of software across test, integration and production environments
- Collaborate with peer technology and development teams across different locations
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Proven of hands-on experience on enterprise software development
- Medium to advanced technical skills in the areas of microservices, APIs and Java 8
- Significant hands-on experience on enterprise software development
- Knowledge in microservices using RESTFul APIs and relational/NoSQL databases
- Financial Transaction knowledge – ISO8583 messages, Tokenisation Standards, Payment Authorizations, Acquirers, Payment Networks, Issuers, Processors
- Designing and building Cloud native applications for cloud platforms using Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.