- We’re a fintech start-up backed by Santander.
- We’re a diverse and outgoing bunch of techies, creative and friendly folk, with experience of running our own businesses and side hustles – and helping others to run theirs.
- No two days are the same. We do things together. We run and fail fast. We have fun and celebrate our successes together.
- We want you to join us and be part of it.
Your role as a Senior Backend Developers
As Senior Backend Developer, your main role will be developing server-side components and integrations to ensure the Asto back-end can adequately deliver the functionality, stability, security and performance to serve the front-end clients and the ambitions of the platform.
Skills & Knowledge Required (short sentence)
- Knowledge of modern Java in building backend services (Spring Boot, Maven)
- Understand of serviced oriented architecture, integration patterns (Kafka a bonus)
- Knowledge of containerisation and orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience building and interfacing with RESTful APIs (HTTP/JSON), and Web Services (SOAP/HTTP)
- Understanding of client-side or front-end web tech (HTML, CSS, JS) to communicate with mobile and front-end devs
- Good experience with AWS (other cloud IaaS providers a bonus)
- Extensive experience of Agile Continuous Integration/Continuous
- Delivery ways of working, BDD and TDD, and use of a DevOps toolset.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDM
You will have a chance to work in a small team-focused culture which is all about empowering each other to become the best version of themselves. As perks, you will enjoy an appropriate salary and bonus reflecting your true value, 30-day holiday package, your birthday off, a recognition bar to say thank you to you and your teammate and an amazing workplace with free fruit,beer and Prosecco.