3D Hubs is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Our digital platform automates design and production processes for Engineers in industries like Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics. As part of the growing team in Amsterdam 3D Hubs now needs an internal IT Support Engineer to run cables and configure our machines to keep our new office running smoothly at all times.
This is a big job at a small company, and one with a reasonable amount of responsibility for someone who has the level of Support experience that we're asking for. As a small company we don't necessarily have entire teams built to address every IT Support need that we experience. We are also growing rapidly and about to move to a brand new office to accommodate even more employees. Once we get there we will need to establish all sorts of solid Tech practices and procedures. This kind of event doesn't happen very often for most companies, and 3D Hubs recognises that someone needs to be hired who cares as much about maintaining solid Technical Support practices as we do.
The main component of the role will involve collaborating with the internal teams [Software Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Sales, etc]. Your goal together will be to build better internal systems for information and workflow management, by using our existing hardware & software or getting new equipment & licensing as required. You’ll constantly be looking for opportunities to automate various things, and you’ll have lots of help from these teams (it’s a very collaborative environment). But along with that exciting stuff comes the everyday support & configuration of the infrastructure: the Macs. the monitors, the printers [2D & 3D], configuring the G-Suite access levels and setting up alerts; prioritising different requirements and documenting any new procedures, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Support predominantly Apple hardware & software for 70 people (MacBooks, iPhones, etc).
- Troubleshoot the G-Suite and common 3rd party applications
- Setup new users into these systems and manage access rights
- Occasional Audio/Visual equipment setup and troubleshooting
- Basic network / printer troubleshooting [including 3D printers! We'll teach you all you need to know]
What it takes:
- A Tech Degree; You need to understand Network principles
- 6-18 months of experience in IT Support or Network Admin jobs / internships
- Proficiency with multiple Operating Systems, but specialist knowledge of MacOS [BSD / Darwin]
- Bonuses: Some knowledge of MDM tools; CompTIA or Apple Support Certifications.
- Working spaces for 70 people [+1 dog] with all the Macs and Monitors you would expect
- We run a Virtual working environment on AWS servers very far away. No dusty humming Data Centre!
- Peaceful well-lit office space with chillout areas, board games, and plantlife for air quality
- Biggest project planned : Office move. Within Central Amsterdam, we're not going far!
Why people like working @ 3D Hubs:
- Working with and learning from the founders of a mature startup in growth mode
- Everyone's an innovator and new creative ideas are embraced every day
- Unlimited 3D printing, design and make your own prints!
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities (including a dog)
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam with free lunches and Friday drinks