Job Description:An exciting opportunity has become available within the BMW Group for an IT Architect (f/m) in the field of connected aftersales services.
Within your role, you will develop and be responsible for the IT architecture in the field of teleservices and the open telematics platform.
Your main tasks will include the design and further development of the existing IT architecture, technical standardisation, sustaining non-functional requirements, technical specifications, assignment and control of development, assurance of software quality, as well as its acceptance and integration into the BMW application landscape.
You will also design modern solutions based on microservices and design systems that communicate via REST APIs over the Internet.
As a further challenge, you will provide consulting for and manage the build scopes in IT projects. Your tasks here will be to ensure an operational, cost- and risk-optimised IT architecture, to define IT requirements in projects and to plan and take on responsibility for maintenance scopes. Your varied domain of responsibility will be rounded off by management of external partners and further development of existing systems.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in computer science, business informatics or a comparable qualification.
- In-depth professional experience as a software developer for JEE-based back-end systems and as a back-end IT architect.
- Familiarity with design and development processes in the context of complex IT projects.
- Business-fluent English (C1 level); very good German knowledge would be an advantage.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Teamwork and communication skills.