Our team develops the native iOS App for trivago, powered by our hotel search engine that delivers the ideal hotel at the best rate to millions of users.We work with a modern codebase entirely written in Swift. The core of our App's architecture is a custom in-house Redux implementation. We enjoy writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture is well covered. Even layout regressions in our view components are automatically detected using Snapshot Testing. Test build creation or releasing a new version to the App Store are fully automated with the help of our Continuous Integration pipeline on CircleCI. We love to experiment with new ideas and share knowledge through regular pair programming, biweekly guild meetings as well as lunch & learn sessions.If all that sounds exciting to you, we are looking forward to hearing which initiatives you will bring to the team!
What you'll do:
- Develop new product features for our iOS App.
- Closely collaborate on feature development with Product Owners, Designers and QA.
- Give and receive constructive feedback on code changes using Pull Requests.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you'll definitely need:
- Excitement about Mobile Development.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- Experience in dealing with iOS specific frameworks, design patterns and software architecture.
- A genuine interest in agile development processes.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
What we'd love you to have:
- Proficient shell scripting knowledge to extend our Continuous Integration Pipeline.
- Experience in Redux.
- Experience in declarative UI frameworks like React.
- You can apply functional programming techniques in practice.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
Life at trivago is:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/