Grab is currently seeking experienced and energetic iOS developers at different levels for our Malaysia (KL) R & D Centre with experience in native iOS app development and strong interpersonal skills. You will work in a diverse teams of mobile engineers that focus on the development of either our iOS passenger or driver applications.
Our engineering teams are relatively small and product specific, which means that as a mobile engineer you have the opportunity to extensively collaborate with, and learn from others. More importantly, everyone holds accountability and directly impacts Grab’s success. Every ‘Grabber’ is equally important.
You will specialise in crafting and maintaining elegant products on innovative technologies that bring our unique on-demand transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere. With over 49 million mobile downloads, we are processing millions of bookings a day and billions of traffic data points per month.
When you push out new code, tons of people will see what you made within seconds. Operating on this level is hard, but deeply rewarding. Our applications consist of large and complex code bases and architectures.
Grab’s primary products are our driver and passenger applications, which are developed by our mobile engineers. We feel everyone should have access to transportation, so your high-quality delivery is vital to Grab and our community.
- You will work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms, and features.
- More senior engineers will act as a role model and mentor to more junior members.
- Build reusable iOS software components for the Grab platform.
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five-star ratings.
- You will monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- You will raise the bar by reviewing each other's code, sharing knowledge, tips, and tricks, and generally help out - within and across teams. At Grab, we call this principle 'Your Problem is My Problem'.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
- You are an avid user of Swift.
- You have strong CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- You have strong knowledge of Views, ViewControllers, storyboards, the lifecycle of UIView, HTTP frameworks, delegates vs notifications vs blocks, KVO's, blocks vs closures, caching and local storage.
- Experience in profiling, reactive concepts in Swift and architectural approaches would be beneficial.
- Experience with unit testing, mocking and understanding design principles in iOS would be considered a plus.
- You are quick on your feet, always aiming for quality and are a natural collaborator.