Role - iOS Engineer
Brand - Photobox
Location - Farringdon, London
The Photobox mobile apps team have recently completed their first steps in creating a brand new experience for our customers. We’re excited to improve on this and continue being the best way to order personalised gifts on mobile.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Develop and maintain our iOS apps as part of the mobile apps team.
- Regularly ship apps in an environment where teams are free to shape the direction.
- Work within a close-knit, cross-functional team, and share your skills in a team that supports and values sharing knowledge
- Be ready to eat great street food and share super interesting facts about the world when it’s your turn at our daily stand-ups.
You will be working in a relaxed, social environment with a team who are excited to embrace challenges, conventional or otherwise. The team love learning new things and sharing what they are doing, so if this describes you and you’re ready to try your hand at something different, get in touch!
What will I be doing?
- Mostly using Swift with a small helping of Objective-C on the side, ensuring that all code is tested to the appropriate standards to allow us to ship regularly.
- Owning your tasks from refinement to delivery
What's will I get experience of:
- iOS development
- Objective-C (We are mostly moved over to Swift but there’s a little bit of Apple’s older language around.)
- Git and Github
- Experience retrieving and sending data to remote systems
- Automating the build and release process
- Scrum / Kanban experience
- Working with a large number of images on a phone
Additional things to learn:
- Android development