Job Description:Implementation Engineer
Ideally located in London
It’s a hugely exciting time here at Snowplow. Over the last 7 years, we’ve grown to a brilliant 45 person team that is spread out over 12 countries with nearly 150 customers and many, many more open source users, and we’re heading for even bigger and better things.
At Snowplow, we want to empower people to do transformative things using data. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
To support us in this mission, we are now looking for an Implementation Engineer to join our Implementation Engineering team. We would love to hear from you if you are excited about working at the interface of technology and people, translating business requirements into technical specifications and then implementing these.
As an Implementation Engineer, you’ll be working with companies of all sizes from across different industries on building out their data capability. Through workshops and co-development sessions you’ll understand their use case and business model, design a Snowplow instrumentation that fits it and then work with their data team to implement it.
The environment you’ll be working in
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
- Be responsible for managing and delivering implementation projects for new Snowplow customers
- Work closely with our Sales team on Proof of Concepts for high-value prospects that prove out the value of Snowplow
- Work closely with our Customer Success team on strategic projects that aim at increasing the value our existing customers get from Snowplow
- Hold workshops with our customers (both remote and onsite) to understand their business problems and decide what data needs to be captured. You’ll advise them on how to best structure their data, and help them implement the tracking
- Work with our customers to take their Snowplow data and use it to deliver insights back to the business. You’ll support them in designing and building data driven products
- Onboard new technology or implementation partners, empowering them to implement Snowplow for their customers, or build data-driven applications on top of the Snowplow pipeline
You’ll learn how to
- Best structure data so it can easily be used for analysis and real-time decisioning.
- Design and develop SQL data models to apply business logic to raw data.
- Work with the Snowplow data in relational databases (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc) and real-time (Elasticsearch, Kinesis, PubSub, etc).
- Use modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc).
What you bring to the team
- Ideally, you will possess a degree in an analytical field such as Maths, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar, or have relevant commercial experience.
- You have experience within consulting, data analysis, data engineering, or similar.
- You love working with data and are excited to learn new tools and technologies.
- You are highly organised and able to manage your time effectively. Working on implementations for multiple customers at any given time, you are able to coordinate customer interaction and technical delivery.
- You are a clear and confident communicator. You are able to explain complex technical principles to people with various technical abilities.
- You have some experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies on various other teams.
- You have strong technical skills. You are proficient at performing data analysis in spreadsheets or relational databases. Prior experience with SQL is valuable but not necessary.
- You have a mature attitude to security, documentation and process. Our clients trust us with their data. This is a huge responsibility and informs everything we do.
- You are willing and able to travel internationally (including to the USA) for work (up to 25% of the time).
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive package based on experience, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- MacBook or Dell XPS 13/15
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (the next one will be in November 2019!)
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- Enjoy fun events in and around London organised by our Cultural Work Committee
- Convenient location in central London (Shoreditch)
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks