You will be working on the design and implementation of exciting mobile and embedded projects across multiple software platforms and technologies. The work is interesting and challenging; with new projects constantly in the pipeline we’re always at the leading edge of what’s possible with the newest technologies available. This, combined with the scope for innovation and the introduction of new product ideas, means there is potential to develop your career as a Software Engineer at VNC Automotive at an accelerated pace. There are also opportunities for occasional global travel, including Europe, USA, Japan and China, should this be of interest to you.
Your skills and experience should include:
- have demonstrable experience of designing and developing software
- have strong C++ development skills
- have an understanding of network programming, protocol design, user interface design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science, at least 2.1 level
- are a highly self-motivated individual who enjoys working within a team
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Experience of developing for mobile or embedded platforms
- Language skills (French, German, Italian and/or Japanese and Mandarin would be highly beneficial but not essential)
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.