Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
If so, then join IMC as an Hardware Engineer! At IMC, Hardware Engineers don’t just write code and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. As a result, they deliver results and make a difference. IMC knows that having the best technology is what drives our business. Hardware development here is innovative, pragmatic and fun, even as complexity grows.
As a Hardware Engineer you will learn what it means to be an Engineer in a real world environment. The program is focused on enhancing your knowledge of algorithm complexity, professional design, and writing fluent code. Your responsibility does not stop at programming; it also encompasses knowledge building of our business model and building relationships across our trading and technology teams.
As a Hardware Engineer at IMC you will be supported by both a mentor and a lead who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will have access to classroom sessions, pair programming and code reviews, not to mention our incredible social activities and events.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Student in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Must have proficient experience in Verilog or VHDL or other RTL programming (additional software experience is a plus; Java, C++, or similar)
- Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment
- Interest in the Financial Markets; previous knowledge is NOT required