JELF181 - Java/Sequencer Core Platform Developer - Equities Electronic Trading
A fantastic opportunity for a skilled Java developer with Events Sourcing/Sequencer experience to join Goldman Sachs at their London office. Market leading salary offered, flexible dependent on previous experience.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for front to back trading systems like order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing, internalization, clearing and securities lending.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings, front to back business functions and build systems to facilitate them.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building Java systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
- Prior experience with Event Sourcing (Sequenced core stream) based architecture.
- Experience building high performance cash equities trading systems (such as matching engines and trading systems at high volume Exchanges).
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Off-heap memory management,
- Distributed server software experience
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective