Alpiq is active in the field of innovative energy solutions, artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, and distributed ledger technologies for building real-time business services related to energy. Alpiq operates multiple services on a real-time energy AI platform and is continuously prototyping, implementing and releasing new energy services across the entire energy value chain. The focus is to provide services that help customers manage their transition to the new sustainable energy world with distributed and renewable energy assets.
Because of the rapid growth in these areas we are currently expanding our team. We offer a position in an open, fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial technology focused environment.
Your main responsibilities
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us build and operate productive systems that provide customer value and offer a competitive customer experience. In this role you will take responsibility of technical development of SaaS-based products and shared platform microservices.
• Design and validate technical implementation proposals with a focus on scalability, availability, and maintainability, including procedures for system troubleshooting, maintenance and fault reduction.
• Writing, refactoring and reviewing code for the final technical implementation at parts of the stack.
• Writing the unit and integration tests for the developed modules as a part of the QA process in the project.
• Identifying and diagnose technical production issues, perform root cause analysis and work with all members of the cross-functional technology team to propose solutions.
• Collaborate on a daily basis closely with internal and external Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers and Program Managers in a highly agile setup.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar related field
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer; 2+ years of experience as a full stack developer experience with very good knowledge and experience of software engineering principles and Linux systems and environments
• Experience with developing secure serverless microservices and APIs using AWS services is highly desirable in addition to knowledge of container infrastructure (Docker, AWS Fargate, AWS ECS, and AWS ECR)
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies; structured, goal oriented, team player and ability to meet tight deadlines in highly agile environment
• Fluent in English