We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our growing Fraud Prevention Engineering team in Budapest. The role is a unique opportunity to apply best engineering practices to fight crime around the world.
We are using latest technologies and tools to build an advanced Fraud Prevention Engine. With sophisticated Machine Learning being at the heart of it, you can expect challenges like scaling underlying data pipelines to handle millions of data points, feature engineering and more.
You’ll receive a competitive package, generous stock options, private healthcare amongst other benefits.
- Pushing the limits of modern financial Fraud Prevention - building scalable and precise fraud detection system with state-of-the-art technologies Be hands on and heavily involved in design, architecture discussions, and prototyping of new systems with the team. Pushing forwards cross team projects that align with the broader engineering goals of the company (e.g. modularization, performance, stability etc); Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture, closely connected to a whole TransferWise family. We all heading to the common goal and on that way there is no place for blames or dramas.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- the world of finance to be more convenient, fast and secure for the customers.
- in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- to work with our teams in various location as well as meet various partners and organisations when needed
- with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- You have at least 5 years of development experience Solid knowledge of Java 8 and Spring Boot Experience with event-based architecture and platforms like Apache Kafka
- Background with backend MVC framework - Java and Spring Boot preferred
- Experience with developing in a modern front-end framework, Angular.Js is preferred but React, Backbone, Ember and/or Knockout are also relevant
Experience with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas Understanding of test driven development (TDD), and the desire to write tests Experience in distributed and concurrent systems, knowing the trade-offs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures Understanding of horizontal scaling and experience with relevant technologies Understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent) Containerization technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc; Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings Experience with Angular or React is a plus Experience with Machine Learning Experience using Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum Passionate about technology, product and user experience Understanding of regulatory compliance and experience with Anti Money Laundering or Fraud Prevention is a big plus Customer is at the heart of everything you do & empathy drives every decision you make Willing to travel & work with teams in other offices (London, Tallinn, New York, etc)
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at [email protected] You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.