What is FLAPI?
FLAPI is an exciting project that is going to transform how Frontline Immigration Officers work. Currently relying on outdated labour intensive and paper- based processes this project will move them on to a mobile app, with fingerprint readers, real-time search and deliver summaries to mobile devices revolutionising the current processes. Further details of this exciting opportunity are available in the candidate pack for this role.
Who are we looking for?
Someone with proven (mid-level) experience in Java, REST API, testing frameworks, who understands working in a test-driven development and Agile environment(s) who is passionate about delivering technology solutions for users and wants to change Government services for the better.
Your key day to day responsibilities will be:
- Delivering secure, reliable and scalable software in your team; undertaking a breadth of development tasks
- Designing new software using appropriate tools and in line with standards, proving designs through prototyping
- Reporting on system performance and supporting test activities; keeping documentation up to date
- Supporting services you have delivered through regular maintenance activities, balancing your work with your leadership
- Working with other engineers to deliver new capability, for instance improved CI/CD pipelines or test approaches
To apply for this role please go to the Civil Service Jobs advert and click "Apply Now". This role is open until 26 January.