What we do
Virail is a travel transportation portal with customers across more than 30 countries. Every year we help more than 60 million users find the perfect solution for their trip. Our comparison tool works with more than 2000 transportation companies and lets you find the optimal travel solutions, no matter your needs.
Who we are
We’re a team of seasoned industry professionals with experience in major firms including Google, Trivago, Facile.it, Smava, Jimdo and Happycar, now on a quest to make travel easier and faster for everyone.
You will join a cross-functional team consisting of engineering and product professionals. Our team is in charge of improving the virail web application with the goal to provide the best travel solution possible for our users.
You will be the owner of UX on the engineering side. You will focus on shaping our web frontend by creating new exciting features and providing A/B testing capabilities, although there are of course touch points with the backend side. When the need occurs you will work together with product in the conception phase by implementing prototypes as well as including your own creative ideas to make our platform exciting. Our vision is to create a culture of experimentation which unlocks the creative potential of the entire company and you will be a core contributor to this new culture.
- 2+ years experience with PHP development.
- Very good understanding of frontend technologies.
- Good knowledge of CSS, SCSS, SASS.
- Experience with UX best-practices (especially on mobile) and A/B testing.
- Familiar with MVC pattern based software development.
- Experience with API implementation.
- Loves to work with Unix environments (we use Debian internally).
- Good communication in English.
- Experience with SQL/Postgres.
- Contribution to the open source community.
- Experience with Vue.js
You like to work independently and being the owner of your tasks. Of course you won’t be left alone and your peers will support you any time. You have an agile mindset and support the idea of self-managed teams.
- Prime office location in the heart of Berlin. Free coffee and snacks.
- Open remote work policy and flexible working hours.
- Unrestricted freedom to apply your ideas to a fast growing business.
- Mentorship from seasoned industry veterans.
- Competitive salary.
Send an email to jobs(at)virail.com