We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 250 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your mission at Visual Meta? As "Frontend Engineer (m/f/d)” you will be mainly working on the user site of our product. If you have passion for web development, as well as an agile mindset and would like to work in an international tech company, then this is the right opportunity for you.
- You are in charge of developing efficient user facing features for a top ecommerce platform
- You build performant solutions for a SEO optimized website
- You work together with software engineers, product owners, UX designers and analysts to provide the best user experience on our platform
- You translate concept design into working HTML/CSS components seen and used by millions of users
- You set up A/B-tests to assure effectiveness and user acceptance of new functionalities
- Thanks to your good eye for design, you are able to proactively look for ways to improve our platform and products
- You use APIs and REST interfaces to connect to other services (Frontend – Backend)
- You have an advanced knowledge and significant experience (3+ years) with frontend development
- You have a very good knowledge in Responsive Design and developing for mobile devices
- You have experience with templating, e.g. JSPs, FreeMarker, Thymeleaf etc. as well as debugging and testing your solutions
- You know how to use Git or similar version control systems
- Ideally, you have a basic knowledge of Java or similar OOP languages
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - Profit from a structured on-boarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together - Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Melanie Moselt will be your point of contact.
Visual Meta GmbH • Alexanderstr. 1-5 • 10178 Berlin • Germany