Frontend Developer - US
We’re looking for an innovator - someone with a passion to develop new things. A key member of the software development team, creating great customer experience through the latest web technologies to deliver exciting sports betting features. Empowered to push our offering to the next level. Retail sports betting is a product leader in the US due to how the market is opening up and we are building a market leading Retail product offering from the ground up as part of our US Digital Platform strategy. This truly is a unique opportunity as US sports betting opens up in the world’s biggest market.
We are a truly global company but this role is focused on the US. Our US division is growing and we are at the forefront of the US Sports Betting market. Successfully operating Sports Books and Mobile wagering out of Nevada for a number of years we are now in an era of US Sports Betting expansion and with it a huge business and technical opportunity presents itself. We need the right people to help us succeed in these exciting times. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we work with a delivery focus, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self. It’s not just our colleagues we look after – we’ve got a responsibility to our customers too and we work hard on our ambition that nobody is harmed by gambling.
Your role in the team
- Working as part of the William Hill US Product Development team and driving our exciting US business and technology expansion with potential future opportunities in the US.
- Be a key member of the software development team, creating great customer experience through the latest web technologies to deliver exciting sports betting features.
- Write high quality, clean code that meets the customers’ needs so that others can build and contribute in the future.
- Be willing to learn more and do more to become more then purely a frontend developer and operate in the full stack.
- Work as part of a delivery focused software product development team that promotes functional programming and its benefits.
- Push the boundaries of how we approach software development by moving our software development structure to be vertically aligned and feature driven.
- Contribute to and improve the software development life cycle (SDLC) within the team
- Help establish and promote an “internal open-source” development model to enable William Hill’s development teams to growth and thrive in a more feature driven way.
- Working in the exciting and dynamic growth business of US Sports Betting with a focus on Retail technology (Kiosks, EPOS and Omni-channel features)
- Building the next generation of sports betting technology to drive William Hill’s US expansion plans.
- Collaborate with QA to ensure the highest quality of software is delivered.
- Own the CI/CD improvements with the Devops engineers to continuously deliver high quality software daily.
- Support the software and services you build through ensuring the quality of the delivery but always be prepared to help support when things go wrong.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a team that's driving our exciting US business and technology expansion.
- Experienced in working with HTML5, CSS3 and being hands on with anything web tech to get the job done Experienced in working with HTML5, CSS3 and being hands on with anything web tech to get the job done.
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites.
- Comfortable developing rich interactive features without depending on 3rd party plugins if required to.
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Comfortable writing systems composed of small modules, each with clear responsibilities and APIs.