Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for the tourism industry, who is looking for a position with a direct impact on our global platform? Read on!
Our trivago Intelligence team needs a new teammate to help boost the frontend of our trivago Intelligence platform which we're currently developing in React. You'll be part of an ambitious team of 11 talents (product owner, backend, frontend, designer, and QA), while having a close corporation with the Sales and Account Management team (our main internal users of the tool).
Ready for the challenge? Read on and apply today!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQYEsuGOs-s
What you'll do:
- Develop the business logic and frontend for trivago Intelligence features ensuring the technical feasibility and quality of UI designs.
- Provide help and guidance to our designers, developers and other stakeholders your knowledge and expertise in these two domains will be highly appreciated.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
- Troubleshoot bugs and requests.
- Ensure with the other team members the goal and expectations are met.
- Bring cutting-edge frontend technologies to the team.
What you'll definitely need:
- To have a degree in computer science, studied a core module in IT, or alternatively have successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Experience working on React.
- Excellent CSS3/HTML knowledge, refined by extensive experience dealing with template engines.
- To take pride in your ability to build responsive sites and bulletproof CSS.
- To be no stranger to progressive enhancement.
- Extensive experience in the implementation of complex designs, ideally in a high-traffic environment.
- To love technical challenges and to strive for continuous development.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit to work in Spain.
What we'd love you to have:
- 1+ years of experience in Frontend working in medium/big teams.
- Capability to analyse big topics and be able to split them by priorities.
- Commitment with your work and be able to take decisions based on the project needs.
- Proactive spirit in going beyond your scope if needed.
- Willingness to embrace a multicultural team by learning German, Spanish and Swedish words.
- A sense of humour would be a plus!
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our sunny Palma office offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.