Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for the tourism industry, who is looking for a position where many hoteliers will use the tools you develop?
Join our Guest Experience Engineering team as a Frontend Developer and help us shaping the future of our high-quality PMS and other hotelier-related tools. If you thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you!
Ready for the challenge? Read on and apply today!
Get an inside look into tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain user interfaces for our trivago extranet, PMS, IBE and other internal applications.
- Mediate between our designers and other developers your knowledge and expertise in these two domains will be highly appreciated.
- Ensure that our front end is always a step ahead with the implementation of modern designs.
- Code efficient, maintainable, scalable and cross-browser compatible CSS using pre-processors.
- Support the design and development process through creation and improvement of style guides and pattern libraries.
- Ensure trivago maintains its trendsetter status by familiarizing yourself with new technologies and keeping an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our site.
What you'll definitely need:
- To have a degree in computer science, studied a core module in IT, or alternatively have successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Experience working on React.
- Excellent CSS3/HTML knowledge, refined by extensive experience dealing with template engines.
- To take pride in your ability to build responsive sites and bulletproof CSS.
- To be no stranger to progressive enhancement.
- Extensive experience in the implementation of complex designs, ideally in a high-traffic environment.
- To love technical challenges and to strive for continuous development.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit to work in Spain.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in sunny Palma offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and train together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago Spain SL is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/