Scripbox is a friendly investment service that simplifies the investment journey of anyone who wants to get started with investing for whatever savings need they might have.
As the first step, we make personal finance jargon-free and simple. We simplify complex investing concepts and automate them so everyone can grow their wealth. We do this by combining cutting edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support.
Our task is ambitious and we like to work hard as well as smart. We want to build a team that relishes challenges and contributes to a new way of thinking.
We are looking for creators who can build products that our customers love. The challenge for you will involve understanding, and building for, an unforgiving consumer who invests a lot of trust into the product YOU will build. Your product will be used by thousands.
Scripbox is making a difference in the world of personal finance and investing and we would like you to be part of the team that makes it happen.
You'll be responsible for:
- Writing quality code using language best practices.
- Working in a highly collaborative team.
- Building good software using the latest tools and techniques.
- Participating in design reviews, coding modules, code reviews and unit testing.
- Taking ownership of quality and usability of your code.
- You possess knowledge of modern web and mobile UI/UX.
- You can develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- You understand the usage of a UI Framework such as Bootstrap/Materialize/Flexbox etc.
- You can make the content responsive using advanced HTML5 and CSS3 techniques.
- Integrating HTML template engines such as ERB/HAML and CSS styles with Ruby On Rails framework.
- You are comfortable working with REST APIs and can create frontend journeys by consuming the same.
- You can use GIT well.
- You must have worked for 2 - 8 years in building awesome user experiences.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver.
- Strong execution and organization. Your team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly.
- Strategic mindset - you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now.
What you’ll get:
- Very competitive salary with performance bonus.
- Active promotion of your professional career by sending you to events, hackathons, user groups etc.
- Weekly time-slot where you are encouraged to spend time to play around with new technology or self-learning.