Zoover is the largest hotel and travel rating portal in the Netherlands. With 3.2 million ratings, 400,000 hotels and camp sites as well as 900,000 travel tips, our Zoover platform makes finding the perfect holiday a cinch for holidaymakers.
Currently, we are at an exciting transformation period, working towards becoming a booking platform for package holidays. This means a lot of hard work and dedication, as well as a lot of opportunities! We are data-driven and results-oriented, following strict Agile and Lean Principles. To facilitate our purposes, we have created two “Super-teams”. These are a network of colleagues working together on the same value chain with a common purpose and continuous synchronisation. The multi-disciplinary Scrum team is a part of the Super-team as well as different stakeholders from all departments of the organisation.
You will be part of a solid and efficient development team to drive product and platform innovation. We have a strong need for technical cleverness to create the best user experience and frontend architecture based on Elasticsearch, Node.js and React/Redux.
We are open for new technologies, encourage collaborative decisions and are pushing for multi-disciplinary scrum teams caring about the products we ship.
- Contributing the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the front-end architecture
- Solving critical and complex problems independently to ensure continuity of the product, and proactively taking actions that will prevent repetitive problems in future
- Responsible (in collaboration with the Team Lead) for the creation and realization of the department strategy with stakeholders
- Serving as a specialist and a mentor within the (project) team in relation to technical knowledge
- Contributing to the continuous deployment of UX components and implementation of design improvements
What you will bring?
- Experience in unit testing and integration testing using Test café, Jest, React testing library, and Browserstack
- Nice to have is experience with the following technologies: Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Elk stack
- Very good conversational skills in English
You have a continuously learning mindset and the ability to work independently and proactively within a team. Experience within the online (travel) industry is a plus and great table tennis experience is a huge plus!
- Market competitive salary package
- 40 hours workweek
- 25 holidays (possibility to buy 5 additional)
- Pension premium (60% paid by us)
- Device: you can choose between Macbook or Windows
- In case living outside of Amsterdam: public transport card
- Flexible working hours (start between 7.30- 10.00am)
- Development opportunities to grow into your career (workshops, trainings, conferences, etc)
- Additional perks: Daily lunch, multiple fun events with colleagues, daily fruit supplies, great coffee, weekly bootcamp training, beautiful office located in center of Amsterdam
Relocation, if you’re from abroad:
- We offer you relocation fee and visa. We also bring you in contact with our Expat partner to receive additional guidance and support for you to settle in the Netherlands
- We will help you apply for the 30% ruling, which is a tax benefit up to 30% of your monthly salary. You can read more about this here
- We also facilitate Dutch classes