Vistaprint is looking for experienced Software Engineers with the passion and expertise to propel Vistaprint into a leader of technology and innovation. If you love collaborating with other talented engineers in a team-driven environment, can’t imagine going a day without learning about a new cutting-edge technology, want nothing more than to geek out over a mysterious bug trail, or can't consider a day productive without writing some quality code, Vistaprint is the place for you. You’ll be a critical part of how your team and the company creates software to solve problems for Vistaprint’s inspiring customers – small and micro-business owners around the world.
Geek Traits We Value:
You aren’t satisfied with “magic” code just producing the expected output, you want to know how it works under the hood. There is no refactoring challenge you can’t create the necessary unit tests to conquer. You feel at home in the depths of a cavernous code base with only grep and your favorite IDE by your side. An exciting night out consists of eating pizza and writing code at a local meetup. You care more about how your Github profile looks than any social media platform. You are no slouch when it comes to microservice architecture. You aren’t shy about whether an endpoint should be a PUT vs a POST.
Vistaprint is a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 16 million micro business owners to professionally promote their business with quality printed and digital marketing products at an affordable price. Our world-class online design studio allows customers to easily customize their products including business cards, marketing materials, signage, promotional products, apparel, Vistaprint websites, digital marketing, cards and stationery at www.vistaprint.com. We support 25 localized Vistaprint websites serving various global markets and have thousands of employees in offices worldwide. Vistaprint is a Cimpress (Nasdaq:CMPR) brand.
Your role will involve:
- Active participation on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers daily
- The opportunity to work on any or all parts of an online application (from databases and deployment scripts to AJAX and CSS)
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and product managers, becoming an irreplaceable member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that takes your growth seriously and puts people around you to help you acquire all the skills you want and need (and some skills you don’t even know that you want yet)
What’s in it for you?
- Work on a highly collaborative, self-organizing team + the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- The ability to grow your skills every day and earn the respect of some of the most talented engineers in the Washington DC area
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- Free lunch and drinks, plus many company and team outings
- Lots more!
In return you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience working as a software developer in a fast-paced, technical, problem-solving environment as a software developer
- One or two software engineering projects that you are especially proud of and would be excited to talk about with other engineers who can truly appreciate just how cool it is
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering fundamentals and object-oriented programming
If you love difficult challenges in technology and a family-like environment where people love to work hard and hang out with each other after work, you should apply now!