Becoming a Front End Application Developer with Capita Employee Benefits | Sparks
As Front End Application Developer you will help to develop and implement client sites for Sparks, our award winning creative communications agency. Sparks work with clients to design and deliver informative and engaging campaigns; they embrace new technology and emerging platforms, with targeted and relevant content, that collectively drive interest and impact.
Day to day, you will help to turn interesting and contemporary site designs into working web applications. We want you to bring skills and an approach which mean we benefit from the most current interactions, technologies and tools to create excellent products for our range of high-profile clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developer with front end, CMS and some back end experience looking for a new and exciting challenge!
What you'll be doing:
- Implementing web sites designed by Sparks
- Maintaining the Sitecore application and integrating 3rd party updates
- Adopting new technologies and techniques
- Constantly seeking to improve the way business is done through analysis, creativity, problem solving and change initiatives
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Makes recommendation for changes in (Internal team) processes and delivers on those changes
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding/knowledge of HTML markup inc. HTML 5
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of CSS
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of the LESS CSS pre-processor
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the GIT working process (or similar)
- Responsive design implementation
- Web Application Development, Design / Build experience (Desirable)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the email development process (Desirable)
- Experience with C# (or similar)
- Agile Methodologies - SCRUM, Kanban etc
You will be:
- A confident presenter - enjoys sharing ideas with clients in a formal presentation scenario. Is able to deliver a compelling story and inspire an audience to action
- A Sparks ambassador - positively promotes Sparks work and team
- A motivator - able to motivate others to deliver excellence with passion
About Capita Employee Benefits | Sparks
Capita Employee Benefits is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning pensions and employee benefits solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
Capita Employee Benefits are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leaveand plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Some remote working flexibility option available
At our Sheffield office, you'll also benefit from (close to Sheffield train station offering free shuttle services, onsite canteen)
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact [email protected] for guidance.
<img src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=S47TL&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=S47TL&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.