Becoming a Front End Application Developer with Capita Employee Benefits
#Web Developer/ Front End Developer
Location : Sheffield
Competitive Salary & benefits
Capita Employee Benefits are currently seeking an Applications Developer to join their Sitecore team in the Sheffield office.
About the role
You will help to develop and implement client sites for Sparks, our award winning creative communications agency. Sparks work with clients to design and deliver informative and engaging campaigns; they embrace new technology and emerging platforms, with targeted and relevant content, that collectively drive interest and impact.
Day to day, you will help to turn interesting and contemporary site designs into working web applications. We want you to bring skills and an approach which mean we benefit from the most current interactions, technologies and tools to create excellent products for our range of high-profile clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developer with front end, CMS and some back end experience looking for a new and exciting challenge!
About Capita | Employee Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning pensions and employee benefits solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
What you will do:
- Implementing web sites designed by Sparks
- Maintaining the Sitecore application and integrating 3rd party updates
- Adopting new technologies and techniques
- Constantly seeking to improve the way business is done through analysis, creativity, problem solving and change initiatives
- Getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management.
- Creating the best possible experience for Capita clients
- Communicate down to more junior members of the team
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Makes recommendation for changes in (Internal team) processes and delivers on those changes
- Regularly shares knowledge clearly with other teams
- Bring new ideas to the team, based on external developments in the wider industry
- Demonstrate a clear understanding/knowledge of HTML markup inc. HTML 5
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of CSS
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of the LESS CSS pre-processor
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the GIT working process (or similar)
- Responsive design implementation
- Web Application Development, Design / Build experience (Desirable)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the email development process (Desirable)
- Experience with C# (or similar)
- Agile Methodologies - SCRUM, Kanban etc
You will be:
- A confident presenter - enjoys sharing ideas with clients in a formal presentation scenario. Is able to deliver a compelling story and inspire an audience to action
- A Sparks ambassador - positively promotes Sparks work and team
- A motivator - able to motivate others to deliver excellence with passion
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday ,increasing to 27 with length of service, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact [email protected] for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=S47TL&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=S47TL&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.