Working closely with the members of the vsGaming teams, the Front-End Developer role at vsGaming will be responsible for development of the client-side portion of Virtual Sports suite of products maintaining high-quality, robust, performance software which meets the needs of our business and clients.
The Focus is on migrating and developing new features of Virtual Sports front end components in React/NodeJS and large-scale enhancements to the existing system.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Working closely with members of the vsGaming team to ensure that they produce the software on time and to budget.
- Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
- Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
- Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
- Maintaining and enhancing existing product code (specifically code which manages the presentation of the product to various sources, Web, Mobile, etc.)
- Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team.
- Keen to work with the design/UX team to develop an understanding of the product features and requirements.
- Adhere to SDLC process and Create/Maintain documentation to high standards.
- A genuine desire to learn new technologies.
- Very good understanding of responsive web design and knowledge of relevant CSS libraries.
- Broad range of skills across the full stack would be an advantage.
- Experience with REST API’s, System Integrations and Web Socket’s is highly desirable.
- A 2i or 1st class honours degree.The subject should be either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Math’s.
- Significant technical contribution to several software development projects using relevant technologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Extensive Knowledge of SDLC and Basic UML
- Experience of any of the following: React, Redux, NodeJS, ExpressJS, React Native, Flux, AngularJS, PHP, AJAX, Laravel, Lamp, CSS3 (SASS/LESS), Bootstrap
- NoSQL Databases, Web Services, REST, XML, JSON, Web Sockets, message queues, Socket.io, socket cluster, NPM
- SVN, Git, Bugzilla, JIRA, IntelliJ, PHPStrom, CI/CD
- Experience of any of the following: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, LiteSpeed, Jetty
- Gambling/Gaming experience a huge benefit
- Knowledge of / an interest in Sports
Why You’ll Want to Work for Us
- Playtech is a world leader within Gambling Industry.
- Playtech has offices around the world working with many nationalities and diverse cultures.
- Training and development at all levels is actively encouraged.
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment with highly skilled people of all ages.
- Career development, bonuses and reward systems actively used.
- Wide range of benefits including:
- Group pension scheme with an employer contribution 5% after 2 years and 7.5% after 4 years.
- Healthcare after 1 year with the option to add family members, or gym membership.
- Flexible holidays: basic holiday of 20 days (rising to 25 after 2 years) and option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
- ‘refer a friend’ who is recruited at any UK location we will reward you with up to £1,000.
- Free fruit and refreshments in UK offices.
- Social get-togethers and events