They may say that you are a front-end professional, but you would rather see yourself as a well-rounded software developer. You have a creative mind with an eye for quality, and master modern frameworks like Angular, Vue.js or React. You wouldn’t want to call yourself a Full-Stack Developer but every now and then you are ready to help your team out with back-end duties.
Working on development at funda means working on a high-traffic site (500,000 pv p/h) known by millions. That’s a buzz. Or as your colleague Daniar puts it: “As you are working on Team Makelaars you have a very important and visible role in the company. If you adjust something it will be visible to millions of people in a couple of minutes. So if you want to make an impact and work for a high-traffic website, this is pretty much a dream job.”
You will work in a relatively small team that maintains and renews the funda front-end platform for Makelaars. This is a critical application where real estate agents buy funda’s product and therefore it’s important for the company to keep it in good shape. You will contribute to creating the best user experience. You will be working on matters such as performance, responsive design and accessibility.
You are part of an English-speaking Scrum team that consists of a Product Owner, UX Designer, multiple Developers, an Agile Tester, a Marketeer and a Service Operations Professional and a Lead Engineer. Together, you are responsible for the online experience of the funda platforms as far as search functionalities are concerned. Together, you all work on your own focus area in which there is ample space for new ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and on the spot learning.
- Higher Professional Education or above (HBO+ in Dutch terms) working and thinking level;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a comparable role;
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js or React;
- Enthusiastic about new technologies and prepared to experiment with these;
- Analytical, innovative, creative, good communicative skills, and a perfectionist (and you have a good taste in music, but that might be asking a bit too much...);
- A team player with a healthy dose of humor who isn't afraid to enter into a discussion;
- Experience with Agile methods (we use Scrum);
- Knowledge of object-oriented languages (we use .NET).
Experience with the following makes us extra happy:
- Experience with MVC applications using .NET core;
- Front-end Performance Budgets;
- Living style guides.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
This is what we offer
Funda offers you the most challenging job in your field. In a great office in the heart of Amsterdam, with our own ‘funda square’ and an unobstructed view of the IJ river, or a cruise ship on it – that just depends on the day (and yes, the latter makes for an instant holiday feeling). You are within 2 tram stops of Amsterdam Central, or 5 minutes by bicycle or 10 minutes by foot. Just what suits you.
You work with 120 great (international) minds who make you feel right at home. It’s only natural that we take good care of our talents and therefore of you. If you come work with us, we offer you:
- Excellent salary with annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them);
- Flexible working hours;
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and a part of your pension;
- Heavenly chair massage 6 times a year (during working hours);
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day, ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker’s and a snack each Friday;
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present;
- Personal training budget for courses, congresses and training courses, as we believe that you've never learned enough. You can also let your ideas run free during our biannual hackathon.
- Especially for our foreign co-workers we offer Dutch lessons.
At funda we like to act swiftly. That's why you may expect the following procedure from us:
You can do this by sending in your resume including a cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Going to the next round? Then our Corporate Recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.
If you have passed the telephone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You may expect a maximum of two rounds of interviews.
To case or not to case
For this vacancy a code exercise will be part of the Recruitment process.