We are looking for a Firmware engineer to complement our team and support the development of current and next generation Dash Cams.
Candidate duties include the validation and tuning of production firmware in close cooperation with the engineering departments overseas as well as the development of embedded software prototypes and source code auditing.
The position is primarily based in Caerphilly, Wales. Travel to China and other production sites may occasionally be required to coordinate development efforts. The position is on a full time, permanent basis.
A suitable candidate:
- Clearly communicates technical constraints and system architecture. Sometimes your development partner may be 7 time zones away; therefore, providing accurate and easy to understand material is a key to success. Our whiteboard is your new best friend.
- Works independently on tricky technical challenges. Build, test, measure, repeat. Eventually, close ticket & get coffee.
- Is able to zoom out and zoom in. One day requires debugging of ring buffer data structures and another to oversee power consumption and performance.
- Knows their way around a Linux system and is comfortable using a Unix shell.
- Is comfortable coding in C, C++, data structures and knows about time/space complexity. Please don’t bubble sort when you can quick sort.
- Familiar with RTOS
Experience in tuning Wi-Fi / Bluetooth stack
This role will place you in the heart of our expanding software team. You will work with at least 2 technical peers and coordinate the day to day work with our project manager. You will be able to chat to our testing team and software development centres in Asia.