Do you want the chance to be one of the engineers dedicated to running advanced ETL jobs across 100+ machines? Assist in bridging the gap between Business Intelligence and Data Engineering? Then help trivago's BI team to deliver insights, data and reports to internal and external stakeholders!
Our Advertiser Intelligence team is looking for a skilled and courageous engineer, who is not scared at the prospect of working with huge data and complex structures, but cannot wait to get started! In this role, you will work closely with both Data Scientists and other Data Engineers to continuously enhance our data-driven decision making.
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and optimize data pipelines to produce clean and unified data from multiple data sources.
- Maintain and optimize existing data transformation processes.
- Research technologies and build software to support the work of Data Scientists and other team members in their daily work.
- Act as an intermediary between Data Scientists and other Data Engineers: you will need to "translate" the technical and business jargon and find new solutions for data processing challenges.
- Work with the latest big data infrastructure on our own hadoop cluster, working with terabytes of data in realtime and batch processing.
What you'll definitely need:
- 1-2 years work experience in Analytics/Business Intelligence, Software Engineering/Web Development or relevant role
- Good SQL skills. You are able to optimise queries executed in distributed systems by improving query plans and carefully thinking about data partitioning and compression.
- Experience with at least one other programming language in a data related context (e.g Python, Java). You can read, understand and improve other people's code.
- You are able to experiment with new technologies and acquire new skills to find clever solutions to the unique challenges we will encounter along the way.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with Hadoop stack (Oozie, Yarn, Hive, Impala).
- Familiarity with version control systems (particularly with Git).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.