Do you want to develop embedded software for an industry leading electronics development Team?
As an embedded software engineer working within the electrical and electronics engineering team, you will be responsible for the development, design and support of embedded software functions targeted at embedded FPGA softcore processors (E.g. Xilinx Micro-blaze and Altera NIOS) and microcontrollers. This will contribute to build leading edge scientific products.
In addition to the embedded aspects of your role, you will also be responsible for bespoke applications to support the validation of instruments electronics.
You will use Waters’ development process and procedures, ensuring that designs are sustainable going forward.
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and would provide you with 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Waters is interested in hearing from and will consider engineers from all levels of experience to fill this position.
Your responsibilities will give you exposure to the full engineering lifecycle for a mass spectrometer from requirements capture through to test and integration, and all associated documentation. They will comprise of all software design and development activities and will include:
- Experience of software standard methodology.
- Conduct investigations into product problems, and identify any software associated issues.
- Work closely with PCB and FPGA developers to insure the requirements for the overall design are met.
- Attend and contribute to design reviews both as presenter and reviewer.
- Provide estimates of engineering effort to assist in the planning and scheduling of activities.
- Support other Waters electronics design teams across the globe on the development tasks assigned to them (this will provide you with the fantastic opportunity for occasional international travel).
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject or similar software focused discipline.
- Experience in the development of embedded software
- Experience of working hands-on with electronics hardware.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles and methodologies
- Experience in C, C++, C#, Linux, and a desire to grow expertise in these and other languages to achieve the best outcome for the end product.
- Passionate about software development which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- Broad technical expertise.
- Capable of working autonomously.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Problems-solving skills
- Experience of good design process and practice
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact and contribute in a team environment
- A flexible work ethic
- Able to meet demanding timescales.